Wednesday 20 November 2013


Top 10 Football News

Didier Deschamps (France coach): "It's fabulous, especially after what happened in the first leg as we turned the situation around. The players deserve all the credit as they've done something great. It's a source of great satisfaction to the players, the coaching staff and to French football as a whole. We needed to score but also to keep our balance and the three players selected in midfield allowed us to achieve that. I'm proud of the players and they can be proud of themselves for having fulfilled the objective. I was a player once and I know that it's players who write history. I've got a squad and a team and in this game it worked well, although that's not to say I'll play like that every time. We've also performed well with a different system. The system has a certain importance but above all it's a question of what you put in."

Top 10 Football News

Mamadou Sakho (France defender): "There's pure happiness and we've written a page in French football history with this. A lot of people didn't believe in us but there were also plenty who did. France showed a lot of virtues and it was extraordinary for everybody. I don't see myself as a hero; the team was the hero in this one. I'd never previously scored a double in my career. We're going to Brazil and we have to take on board the lessons from all of our matches, not just this one."
Franck Ribéry (France midfielder): "It's magnificent and extraordinary. The supporters played their part. There had been a lot of sadness in the past and this is great. I hadn't seen the Stade de France like that for a long time. We suffered a setback in Ukraine but we reacted. We're happy and we can now go back to our clubs and think about Brazil. Being knocked out would have been very hard."
Yohan Cabaye (France midfielder): "We came in for a lot of flak in recent days and we responded in the best possible way on the field. It's possibly the happiest moment of my career and the team played a great game."

Top 10 Football News

Mykhaïl Fomenko (Ukraine coach): "I've got a lot of regrets. Our psychological approach wasn't good. We needed to be ready and I don't think we were. We made mistakes in defence and didn't play the way I wanted us to. The French put in a lot and were backed up by their fans. I would like to thank my players nevertheless for their work during the qualifiers and I want to carry on as national coach."
Top 10 Football News

0 comments:

Post a Comment